Google Drive adds a preview option for more than 30 doc types
Following the announcement of Dropbox in last week about the document preview feature, Google is also announcing the document preview option for their Google Drive users. As you know preview feature is helpful while you are accessing your Google Drive from a web browser so with this new feature Google is pushing the limits for Google Drive by making it more comfortable for the customers.
If you are storing your photos on Google Drive, with the new preview feature it can transform to a photo album. The below shortcut keys will help you to navigate faster with the new preview option.
|Find||Ctrl + F (⌘ + F on a Mac)|
|View next item||L, or the right arrow key|
|View previous item||H, or the left arrow key|
Here is the list of 30 document types which can be previewed on the Google Drive.
- Google Docs
- Google Sheets
- Google Slides
- Google Forms
- Google Drawings
- Image files (.JPEG, .PNG, .GIF, .TIFF, .BMP)
- Raw Image formats
- Video files (WebM, .MPEG4, .3GPP, .MOV, .AVI, .MPEGPS, .WMV, .FLV, .ogg)
- Microsoft Word (.DOC and .DOCX)
- Microsoft Excel (.XLS and .XLSX)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.PPT and .PPTX)
- Adobe Portable Document Format (.PDF)
- Tagged Image File Format (.TIFF)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (.SVG)
- PostScript (.EPS, .PS)
- TrueType (.TTF)
- XML Paper Specification (.XPS)
If you wish to try this feature now, you will be disappointed as this feature roll out is expected in coming days.