Best Tips for Using Keyboard Properly to Avoid Health Issues
Microsoft is giving you best tips to use your keyboard in a better way to avoid any health issues. Because if you are using the keyboard throughout the day you are supposed to follow some best practices to safe guard your arms and elbow.
“If a new keyboard isn’t in your future, be sure to use your current keyboard properly to avoid soreness or injury to your wrists, hands, and arms. Curious about how to create a more ergonomic work space for yourself?” Check out these tips to help you work more comfortably and reduce your risk of painful injuries or disorders.
Here are some general tips to help you avoid problems:
• Place your keyboard at elbow level, with your upper arms relaxed at your sides.
• Center your keyboard in front of you. If your keyboard has a numeric keypad, you can use the spacebar as the centering point.
• While typing, use a light touch and keep your wrists straight.
• When you’re not typing, relax your arms and hands.
• Take short breaks every 15 to 20 minutes.
• Type with your hands and wrists floating above the keyboard, so that you can use your whole arm to reach for distant keys instead of stretching your fingers.
• Avoid resting your palms or wrists on any type of surface while typing. If your keyboard has a palm rest, use it only during breaks from typing.